Interview at WSIS FORUM 2016 with Oleg Logvinov
During this year’s WSIS Forum in Geneva, nearly 2,000 participants from across the globe generally discussed ways to bridge the digital divide between those nations that have and those nations that lack comprehensive connectivity to the Internet.
Advancing IEEE’s Internet Initiative
Karen Bartleson, President-elect of the IEEE, discusses her involvement with the IEEE's Internet Initiative, which is tackling tough problems in cybersecurity, privacy, and governance at the Women In Engineering (WIE) Conference in San Jose, CA.
She also talks about inspiring future engineers, especially young women, to take up the challenge of improving technology for betterment of the world.
IEEE Experts in Technology and Policy (ETAP) Forum
The IEEE Experts in Technology and Policy (ETAP) Forum on Internet Governance, Cybersecurity and Privacy is a unique platform connecting technology developers and policy makers in a meaningful way.
The global industry needs sound Internet policy because it helps fuel Internet innovation, sustainability and market growth.
- IEEE High-Level Opening Policy Statement delivered at WSIS Forum
- Video: Globalized Opportunities
- Access the latest IEEE Global Internet Governance Monitor:
4 May 2016
- Karen Bartleson, President-elect, appointed to U.S. Commerce Department’s Digital Economy Board of Advisors
- Internet Governance, Security, Privacy and the Ethical Dimension of ICTs in 2030